Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Silent Winter Solitude

As the frozen albino ashes flitter to the ground at the end of God’s fury,
All is silent in the streets.
The heavily laden gray ceiling seems to exude
A most forceful pressure upon the earth.

I inhale the winter air into my lungs
While the fine hairs in my nose prickle to attention.
And my eyes begin to tear and burn ever so slightly.
The icy breeze paints my cheeks with the faintest blushed rose.

In utter solitude on the moon’s vast nothingness
I stand alone on a winter street.
No life among the slate gray concrete that disappears into infinity.
Just as the empty satellite revolves around us in endless loneliness.

I turn around to gaze north up the city block.
My eyes then shift towards the full moon in the distance whileCold emptiness stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment